August 2010 - Charitable
The people who brought you SCOUT AND PROUD are currently in the process
of setting up a Charitable Trust. We will be having the first meeting
of the Trustees at Gilwell Reunion 2010 and should finish and sign all
the paperwork then.
The aims of the Trust will be
to support young people involved in Scouting and Guiding to get the
most out of their activities and also to help the adults who support
young people in Scouting and Guiding.
In the past we have informally
helped the following projects and we hope that in the future we can
continue to support these type of ventures financially.
• Supporting the King
Jesus School, an orphanage in Ghana, which some of the unit members
helped to build.
• Grants to help other Districts send members to the World Scout
Jamboree in 2007 (Districts were chosen through a prize draw)
• Helping with a primary healthcare project in Mityana in Uganda
• Sending members of the Scout Network to the Mafeking Moot in
• Sending a member of the Scout Network to the 18th New Zealand
• Helping to send Scout Networks, Explorers, Rangers, Young Leaders
and Leaders to EuroJam in 2005, both as participants and staff
• Helping with Northumberland Scout County Gifts for Peace Project
at a school in Bogota, Colombia
• Supporting school children in Newcastle to build a school in
• Donating money to a Bill Quay Community Farm in Gateshead
• Sending Network members to the world Scout Moot in Kenya
Keep a look out on this site
for details of how to apply for a grant to support your Area. We will
hopefully be posting details before Christmas.
and Proud ®
are you wearing it?
Here to Order